Wednesday, February 3, 2010

"NO"

These pics are kinda crazy because I took them with my laptop... but Ben's buddies were over this morning and he asked to borrow a pencil. When I asked him why he needed one he said he had some writing to do. He disappeared into his room with is pencil (needless to say I was feeling a little nervous about WHERE he was going to be writing). A few minutes later he returned and had written this on his cardboard stop sign...

It's hard to see, but it says "NO." He said "N-O spells no, Mommy. Stop signs mean stop and do not go, so I wrote no." Pretty amazing - this was the first time he wrote anything without me spelling the letters or standing over him. I know it's just two letters, but I thought it was pretty crazy he pieced everything together and did this on his own.

2 comments:

  1. And what does Ben use this sign for? A response to eating vegeatables and cleaning his room? Maybe Mom needs one like this too? I know I could use one sometimes... Great job on the writing and on the potty-party too! Love you all and miss you - it was so great to catch up the other night! Love, Kristina

    ReplyDelete